Monday, November 3, 2008

A Trick and a Treat, the Big Move, an ER visit, a New Home, Boise State Football, Sickness in the Night, and a Very Happy Birthday!

What a weekend! Phew. We made it through it all alive and kicking. I don't have time to blog about all the things that happened yet, but I wanted to throw up some pics of the new stomping grounds for those of you who have requested photos. I hope you enjoy! After I catch up on some homework I will try to tell you about all the exciting events of the past few days. :)

This is it! Home sweet home (notice us proudly flying our BSU colors)!
Not a great picture (and it kind of looks spooky), but one night we noticed that our flag was glowing. I tried to capture it's ultra coolness on film and only sort of succeeded
Here is the flag and the front porch
This is the kid's bathroom
Ammon, Caleb, and Bekah share this room (I know...strange arrangement, but it's what they all want)
Hannah, Emma, and Lizzie's room. It has a cute window box seat that opens for toys or whatever. It currently holds the girl's stuffed animals
Part of the master bedroom closet
The master has a jetted tub
The view from the windows in the master bedroom
The master bedroom
The entryway and the stairs to the upstairs
The formal living room
The family room part of the great room
Our big table suddenly looked small in the new dining area. The whole great room runs along the back of the house and is filled with windows to the yard. My mom said it feels like you are outside when you are in there. I love being able to see my kids while they play. :)
The kitchen. I especially love the big island and extra cupboard space. Of course, as Ammon mentioned one morning, it is just nice to be able to put cereal in the sink without the basement backing up. :)
Storage room in basement
The rec room in basement
Another angle of rec room. We put all the toys in the big closet there. Joe is setting up Dance Dance Revolution for the little kids in these pictures.
Lots of cold food storage (I need to fill that up! Not sure how far our two gallons of water will get us, lol)
Guest bathroom
The guest room (which Lizzie wants as her bedroom, thus the bedding stuff)
I have a teensy laundry room in this house, so I turned a bedroom into the "wardrobe" room. All the kids clothes and hampers are in this room. Here is a view of the closet with seasonal clothes, hanging stuff and shoes
The wardrobe room. Each child has their dresser and on top of it is their hamper.

The kids were soooo excited to have a library. My friends Heidi and Charisse unpacked the books and did such a great job!

Um, after I uploaded this picture of the half bathroom on the main floor, I realized it was kind of a wasted, horrible picture, lol. Sorry...

There are lots of storage cupboards in the garage. The kids have each taken one of these as their "locker" where they put their backpacks/lunchboxes and stuff from school.

Unorganized storage/workbench in garage

Since the house came with a tramp, we are using this one for the younger kids. It is always scary having the big kids jump at the same time as the preschoolers. This way, everyone is happy!

Here is the "big kids" trampoline (ages 6+) and the sandbox in the background

We absolutely LOVE our new home! It is in a quiet cult-a-sac type area and filled with neighborhood kids. We have had four or five neighbors come to introduce themselves, help with the move, or bring goodies. We are so happy to be living here. :) You all need to come visit us soon to check it out!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks absolutely awesome, Lori! I'm so happy for you guys. And now you're making me wish we had two trampolines too! LOL.

Unknown said...

So beautiful!!! It's a mansion!!! :-) And the pics are great :-). So happy for you guys!!! :-)