Monday, November 24, 2008

The curse of four daughters

I have four daughters. They are adorable, sweet, and oh, so wonderful. They also have hair. Lots of hair. I am not always the best hairdresser (we'll save that title for Kerri). A while ago, Emily sent me a link to this great blog http://www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com/ It has some cool ideas for cute hairdos. My girls (read: Hannah) have gone crazy looking through different hairstyles and asking me to recreate them on their heads. It has been fun trying new things. We have been doing all sorts of braids, knots, and twists. Even Bekah has gotten enough hair to get in on the action (although I'm pretty sure she doesn't really like it that much, lol). The downside to doing all that hair? It took FOREVER to get everyone ready for church yesterday. :)

This is the only shot I have of Bekars hair, lol. She had already pulled out the ponytail and flower, but she has a cool mohawk!
I wasn't really meaning to take pictures of the girls hair (thus the lack of good ones). I actually took this picture because Lizzie was so cute feeding Bekah some yogurt. If you look at her hair, though, you can kind of see it. She had a french brain that went up and over her hair and down to a ponytail. It has mostly fallen out at this point, it being nine or ten hours after we did it.
Hannah's hair
From the back (still can't seem to get it to look like the lady does on her girls!)
Emma Suzanne had knots on top of her head that went into little ponytails.
Is it bad to be jealous of your own child's hair? Look at the way it naturally curls...no curling iron for this kid!

1 comment:

The Norton Fam! said...

Man, I think you still did a great job on their hair. I tried some like half ponytails on Sarah for her picture day and by the time they did pictures they were falling out. Not very flattering! I thought about doing the retake for the picture, but figured it would probably just end up looking the same. Sigh. Yours looks really, REALLY good though compared to the things I try.