Monday, June 16, 2008

I love to see the temple


After we visited Grandma and Grandpa, we spent a few hours at Temple Square. The kids LOVED it. When we have visited in the past, we mainly had lots of racing from one thing to the next (before the adults even had a chance to look at it) and lots of asking to be done, but this time the kids were really in to it. I guess it is just because they are a little older these days. It was amazing! Joe and I were the ones dragging the kids away from each thing so we could move on to the next. They wanted to look at every the exhibits, and examine every flower, and touch every fountain. We were there for nearly FOUR hours and then we had to insist that it was time to go home. I was so glad we went. It was a very fun day!
Ammon (10) points out something to his siblings from atop the church office building
The Boyers make silly faces (I like how even little Caleb is trying to make a silly face!)
Emma (4) with her namesake
On a warm summer day, the water is always popular! Here Hannah (8), Emma (4), and Caleb (2) disturb the reflecting pool
I had a few heart-stopping moments when I thought Caleb (2) was going to take a bath, but we made it out dry
Ammon (10) and Lizzie (6) wished they had pennies to throw in the water
I love my baby Bekah (7 months)!It was quite warm. I love Lizzie's face...she is going to DIE if she doesn't get a drink NOW!
My picture of the kids by the Christus is out of focus! Lame! We listened to the dialouge that goes with it in three different languages before we finally got it in English!
The kids plied us with questions regarding the paintings. Here is Joe talking about Daniel and his interpretation of the king's dream (notice how I managed to avoid trying to spell his name, hehe)
Emma (4) preferred to snuggle with Mama
We all enjoyed watching some of the commercials. The kids even wanted to watch them twice!
Hannah (8), Lizzie (6), and Emma (4) watch a video
Caleb (2) was less interested in the exhibits and more interested in climbing over the couches *blush*
I remember loving this fountain when I was a kid, and sure enough, my kids loved it as well!

No comments: