Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Belated Father's Day (just like Mother's Day) :)


I am late with this, but I wanted to honor my husband and my dad. They are really great fathers!


Joe is a wonderful father. He is so awesome with the kids and so hands-on with them. He changes as many diapers, feeds as many babies, makes as many lunches and so on as I do. The thing that impresses me the most about him is his desire and willingness to try to continually improve as a dad. He knows when he has lost his temper, or when he doesn't respond to a situation the way he would have liked and really tries to change. He is humble enough to go the kids and apologize if he felt he was unnecessarily harsh with them. He has worked to learn parenting techniques that are totally foreign to him. He loves his children and shows them that he loves them. He also is an amazing example to them of how to be the perfect spouse. They will never doubt that their father loved their mother. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sent me this amazing man.

The kids got up and made their dad breakfast in bed.
Lizzie's egg cracking technique needed a little work!
The kids all seem a little sleepy, don't they?
Their breakfast turned out great
The kids weren't the only ones who looked a little sleepy!

The word that I think best describes my dad is steady. Steady and sure like a rock. You always know where he is coming from. He is always just quietly going about doing his duty. His is also an exceptional grandfather. The kids have always known that Grandpa is the one to go to when they want something. Of all their grandparents, my dad is definitely the one who "plays" with them the most. He will drive cars with the kids, or just sacrifice his body as the road. Hannah and Lizzie use to comb his hair and turn him into their "princess." When the kids were young, we would often turn on a Disney Princess movie for the little girls while my parents and Joe and I played cards. It wouldn't be uncommon for both the dads to soon be completely distracted with the movie (they claim it is because they had never seen the movies being boys and all...). He is a great dad and an even better grandfather! I love you, Dad!

I'm not sure if any grandchild loves Grandpa as much as Emma Sue. She is usually his little shadow. I think she thinks he is steady and sure too!

No comments: