It's taken me a long time to be able to face this, but I think maybe I am ready to stand up and face the music (heehee....literally). I am a church music nut. There. I said it. I know, I know. My parents raised me better than that. My mom invested many hours in taking me to awesome concerts with her (she got sweet free tickets from the radio station she worked for and we were able to go backstage and meet the stars). She also brought home records from work of the Top 40 countdown with Kasey Kasem. They taught me correct principles from my youth. I know I can't blame this problem on them. :)
When I went away to college as a freshman, my roommates listened to a lot of church music. I believe that during this impressionable period of my life, I became addicted. Today, I often listen to two or more church CDs a day. On Sundays, it gets even worse and I have to have Tab Choir or Hymns only. My poor husband has been such a saint and really stands by me. He is able to overlook this particular fault and love me anyway. :)
You may wonder why I have admitted such a grievous problem to the whole world. I'm sure you have noticed our new playlist. Well, it is a very strange, eclectic group of songs. Joe and Ammon are VERY hip and listen to all the latest music (I went bowling recently and was stunned to realize that I had heard quite a few of the songs on the radio!). They insisted on a couple of their songs on the list. Then Hannah and Lizzie wanted Disney songs (okay...I like those too!). Next, we added a few cheesy, silly songs for Emma and Caleb. At this point, I couldn't control my urges and I had to add MY kind of music.
So...you will find some great church music on this site. If any of the different types of music offends you, please just turn off the playlist. You can hit pause on it or something. They are a good mix of the types of music that can be heard in the Boyer household, however, if you want to psychoanalyze us or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment