Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day!


This is a little late, but I wanted to wish my own mom a Happy Mother's Day. She is a wonderful mother! I realize how crazed I am right now and I wonder how she did it all AND worked a full-time, demanding job...and her house was still cleaner than mine! She still seems to work just as hard as a mom now that we are "all grown" as she did when we were kids. She is an example to me and I love her so much!


Since she was here during Mother's Day weekend, we had the kids surprise her with flowers and a card in the hotel. It was very sweet.


Addie, Brielle, and Hannah sign the card
The kids lined up oldest to youngest in the hall and each gave her one rose. Here we are nearing the end of the line with Sydney , Caleb, and Emma
Nana and her flowers


We happened to have Emily and Randon at our place on Mother's Day. The men were great and made a yummy dinner of lasagna, rolls, broccoli, and cookies. It was delicious! They set the table and dealt with the kids. Not bad, guys, not bad. The kids gave us their homemade presents from school and church. They are always very cute. It is fun to see them so excited to give us something.

Trying to squeeze everyone in on our table!
The men (Joe and Randon) busy at work in the kitchen
Emily reads a letter from Karl as the kids gather around
The kids helped set the table....sort of...
Mostly they just played on the tramp

We also missed Joe's mom, Deborah, on this Mother's Day. She passed away nearly two years ago from cancer and is still missed in our family. If she can read this, we want her to know that we think she is "total awesome" in our eyes. :)

No comments: