Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm a V.I.P. in my fam-i-ly!

Still love that song...:) It was a little toasty this week, so we decided it would be best to choose an indoor activity. Rachel wasn't in the mood to drive too far, so we thought that bowling might be our best option. Our favorite bowling alley opened a new location and we decided to give it a try. It was nice because it was clean and new. When I first walked in, the ten excited kiddos were following closely on my heels but Rachel was still back getting something from her car. Behind the counter, the employee's mouth dropped open, haha. I told him that the kids were not all mine and he said, "Oh man. Phew. I was wondering..." Lol. Ten kids ages 12 and under would be quite a handful for one mom!

Anyway, we were virtually the only people there. After we paid, he told us that we could bowl in the V.I.P. lounge. I always knew singing that "V.I.P. in my Fam.I. Ly" song so much when I was a kid would pay off some day! :) As I was paying, all the kids had scattered into the arcade area. I tried to gather up my little ducklings and herd them towards our lanes. Hannah was very concerned and trying to keep me from going into the V.I.P. lounge. When I explained that we got to bowl there, she was crazy, over the moon happy, haha. What a cutie. I think being a V.I.P was her favorite part of the day! We had a great time bowling (made MUCH better by the fact that we were the only ones). On the way home, I stopped and got the kids their first sno cones of the summer. What a great day.

Here is the whole group. I think we pretty much scared everyone else away. :)

Bekah picks her ball...

...and sends it on it's way! She looks pretty intense, hehe

We split the kids into two lanes...the older five on one and the younger five on the other. It worked out perfectly. Here you can see Ammon and Emma on each lane.

Lizzie Lou

Cabers is excited!

Adorable. Simply adorable.

My almost-teenager texts while we play. Haha, just kidding. He wasn't texting, although I'm not actually sure WHAT he was doing.

The lounge was darkened and lights ran up and down the lanes (and the pins were "glow in the dark" pins). Bekah had fun watching the lights run under her hands

Lizzie and Hannah celebrate after Hannah gets a strike. Love these girls :)

1 comment:

Charisse said...

I loved that song too growing up! :) Singing it in my head now! I love reading about your summer adventures. Wish I lived by you so I could join in your fun.