Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Grandma Gibbons Gene?

It seems to me that there are two types of kids: the ones who do their chores, perhaps with some grumbling, but generally without much problem, and the ones where it seems easier to move mountains that to get them to clean their room. We have both types in the Boyer fam. My oldest three kids (Ammon, Hannah, and Lizzie) fall into the first category. They clean every day and do pretty well. Emma falls into the second category. Cleaning is just beneath her or something. It is a struggle every day (but, YES, we are attempting to move mountains here, lol).

I think that I may have discovered a rare and heretofore undiscovered third category. I am calling it the GGG (Grandma Gibbons Gene). My Caleb is a cleaner. On his own. Without my asking. For enjoyment. He is only two years old and as such doesn't have tons of personal chores. He helps Mom or Dad or the big kids on some of their jobs and that is about it. Lately, however, I have been happening upon him cleaning on his own. He will be putting his toys away or raking up leaves in the yard. Today I found him emptying the dishwasher. Praise the heavens for the GGG!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Well, I've still got one kid coming, so there's hope I'll get one with the GGG!