Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life in a big family

...is the best! Yes, it is true that my six kiddos might not always get as much one on one attention from their parents as an only child might, but they truly make up for it by the love they get from each other. Anyway, things have been pretty typical around the Boyer household lately. Being a big family, we share everything...even a stomach bug. :( Here are some of the goings-on from the past week or so.

The other night, I went to check on the kids and realized that Caleb was in Emma and Hannah's bed with them. I guess he had become scared in his room, so Hannah and Emma settled him in with them for the night. So cute. :)

I recently bought some new books at the D.I (what a great place to get kids' books! Only 50 cents per book and there were TONS). After the big kids came home from school, I found them reading to their little brother and sisters.

We have been doing a "Boyers-unplugged" thing these days. The kids don't do any electronics. Anyway, Ammon has been reading and reading and reading like crazy. He literally reads an entire book every single day. Like mother like son, I suppose. :)

It was a super crazy evening last night. I was trying to get to a relief society meeting, but Ammon and Hannah both needed help with homework, Caleb was throwing up, and I was trying to make potato soup for dinner. Lizzie and Emma volunteered to peel the potatoes. My five year old and eight year old peeled every single potato for dinner! I was so happy.

Caleb was throwing up yesterday. I had to run pick Hannah Bay up from her ballroom dance practice so I asked Ammon and Lizzie to help him if he threw up. They sort of missed the the vomit, haha, but Lizzie was so great! She changed his pjs, got him a new blanket, cleaned up his face and washed out the bowl. I was so proud of her. She is going to be a great mom some day! When Caleb started throwing up, I told him that I would turn some cartoons on for him. He looked up at me with those big, earnest eyes and asked, "Is it not Boyers-unplugged today?" With his little "hard to understand" voice, it was so cute! I told him that I was making an exception.
Here is Hannah Bay working on her homework last night. It was all so crazy and Joe ended up staying later at work than he intended and I missed my R.S. meeting. :( Not the best day of my life, haha.

Bekah really learns from her siblings. She is soooooo incredibly concerned anytime her big brothers and sisters are sad or sick or hurt. She gives them kisses and hugs and asks, "you okay?" in her little baby voice. She will even offer them her precious blanket. Bekah has been sick as well. Last night, I didn't get to sleep until around midnight. Between midnight and 3:30am, Caleb woke me up about ten times (he last threw up around 10pm, but he kept moaning and wanting drinks and such). At 3:30, Bekah started throwing up as well. I moved she and I down to the family room, where I could be better prepared for the throw up. We never went back to sleep, sigh. I hate vomit!
Ammon, Hannah, Emma, Caleb, and Bekah have all had the stomach bug. Only Lizzie is yet to get it. We are almost done! LOL Hope you guys are all feeling much better than us. :)

2 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

What cute kids, looks like they are great buddies!! And we LOVE 50 cent books at DI too!

Charisse said...

Your family is so cute! Sorry you missed your RS meeting, but it looks like you are taking good care of the kiddos and all their needs. The flu bug is going around my friends the Petersens and so mom is not getting any sleep either! Not fun for all you moms out there! But I admire you and all you do with your kids. Tell everyone hi from Charisse! :)