Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day and a Garden

It seems like I am always behind on my blogging, lol. Sort of like my laundry, except my laundry is much worse. :) I figured I'd just combine two pretty much completely unrelated posts into one. Not everyone can pull that off, but I'm just cool like that. So...here goes. The Boyer fam planted a garden this year. It is our first ever garden and I am tentatively hopeful that it might produce something edible. I don't have the greenest of thumbs, so we'll have to wait and see. The kids have been VERY excited about the garden and were anxious to help.

In a related matter, it was Mother's Day last weekend! LOL. I had a nice day. I played the piano for the Primary kids and was a speaker in Sacrament Meeting. While it was a little stressful to do that on Mother's Day, it was also nice that I didn't have to sit with the kiddos. Joe had a bit of a rough time wrestling Bekah. It was also her first day in nursery! What a wonderful Mother's Day present. It was so wonderful to relax. After church, Joe made my my favorite dinner and the kids had nice presents for me. It was a very sweet day.

Joe is a master gardener...actually he DID work for about seven months on the gardens for the Boise Temple early in our marriage. He is better with this stuff than I am.
Tilling and weeding
Lots of hands makes the work go faster
Caleb and Emma practice measuring while Bekah claims her spot as Queen of the Compost
What a guy!
As the night wears on, we finally get around to planting.
Joe and the kids peel potatoes for our delicious potato salad on Mother's Day
Adorable, simply adorable :)
Got egg?

No comments: