Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The hearts of the children turn to their fathers

While Nana and Grandpa were here, we drove up to the Charleston cemetery (near Heber). Some of my dad's ancestors are buried there. It was such a nice place! So peaceful. Hannah was all freaked out about the "scariness" of cemeteries, but the rest enjoyed the nice green space.

The cemetery overlooks this small valley. I could just picture my sweet pioneer ancestors coming up the dirt road with the body of their poor baby or wife or brother who had died. I don't imagine it has changed terribly much since those days.

Searching for our family!

Lizzie with her Grandpa and Great-great-grandpa (this is my dad's grandfather, George William Daybell)

If you can't read this one, it says Mary Daybell (I'm thinking that is...um...my dad's great-grandma and the kids' great-great-great grandma?)

Dad and the kids with the large Daybell gravemarker

No comments: