Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Does everyone start singing that song during the first snow of the season, or is it just the Boyers? We were VERY excited for the first REAL snow this year (at least the first snow that we've had accumulated on the ground). It started to snow around 10am and continued on and off for much of the day Tuesday (of course, we only ended up with an inch or two on the ground since it was a bit warm). Emma told me that they were just finished with "centers" and returning to the rug to meet with their teacher when suddenly one of the students noticed the snow. She said that they all jumped up, ran to the window, and started cheering. The picture of all those five year old kindergartners gathered around the window, rejoicing at the snow, really made me happy. :) I wonder why we, as adults, don't always find such joy at little things...

Hannah and Lizzie work on their snowballs

Emmers and her crazy hat arrangement, lol.

Throwing their snowballs at the innocent photographer! You know what my favorite part of the girls snow day was? I didn't get ANY of them dressed in those clothes! Hooray!! I hate dressing kids in snow clothes. :)

Bekah watched from the kitchen window (remember the not liking to get kids dressed in snow clothes comment, haha). I like that you can see the snow on the window where the kids threw snowballs at her. :)

No comments: