Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hannah Bay Boyer...fifth grade diva :)

You may remember our discussion about the appropriate age to get contacts from a year or so ago. After much begging and pleading, Hannah Bay is now a proud contact-wearer. It did not all go without a hiccup, but she is AMAZING now. :) Having some doctor-phobias, the initial contact fitting appointment didn't go that well. She did not like having people touch her eyes and she was never actually able to get the contacts in at the office. At home, I worked with her for an hour or so and I think we both just ended up frustrated. Hannah threw up her hands and said that she didn't want contacts anymore. This ticked me off (due to the fact that we paid all that money and she had ASSURED me that she would be fine with them). Joe and I decided that we would give her a little motivation and grounded her from playing with her BFFT until she has put them in by herself at least once (not sure if that puts us on "terrible parenting" grounds). The motivation worked, however, and very quickly Hannah learned to put them in by herself. She was sooooooo happy that she did and now has no problem at all! She puts them in almost as fast as I do. I can remember spending an hour or more every day for months trying to figure it out when I was a kid. I guess she's faster than her old mom. :)

Pictures of kids in their new contacts aren't quite as fun as pictures of kids in their new glasses, hehe.

No comments: