Monday, June 13, 2011

The Niagra Falls of the West



On Saturday, Em suggested that we all take the 1 1/2 hour drive to Twin Falls to see Shoshone Falls. It is running really big right now. I was feeling a little stir crazy, so it sounded like a fantastic idea. The falls were beautiful and we had a nice time. We looked at the falls, explored a bit, played on the playground, had a picnic, and then played in the water. The kids were about as you would expect--a little bit fun, a little bit demanding. Overall, though, I think it was a great day!

Beautiful country


The whole group--sans me--check it out!

Our Ammon is a teenager--and opted to stay home :(

Right after I took this picture, a nice lady asked if she could take one of all of our family. We said sure and were excited to see her picture. Well, she messed up somehow and took a picture of the ground, lol. Oh well
Imagine what it was like when the Native Americans lived here...

Cute Boyers!

At one point while the kids were exploring, Bekah started to cry and I noticed that Brielle ran over to help. Such a sweet cousin!

Caleb likes to be independent these days. He is constantly telling me that he is "fine" and I don't need to worry about him. I guess he really is growing up!

We climbed these big steps and it made Emma Sue very nervous

Lizzie pointed out that this looked like Pride rock, so Joe and Caleb had to act the part out :)

We got separated from Em and her kids for a bit and when we caught up, the kids RAN to each other. Ella was just like one of the big kids :)

Even Emma climbed the rocks

You can see kids exploring up in the woods

My almost teenager, Hannah

We had to take a potty break and the kids were all fighting and being grumpy, so I had them make their grumpy faces for the camera.

The water was a big hit. The older kids raced back and forth

Bekah really did love it (even if the heavy water gave her a perpetual plumbers crack) even though she looks sad here

Brieel with blue teeth from the picnic food

Karl and Caleb work on building a dam

Hanny Bay and Karl Guy have a water fight

Lizzie and Bekah "swim." Bekah insisted on being a dolphin

Lizzie in the sand

And Lizzie in the water...three pictures of Lizzie in a row!
It was only about 65 and cloudy, so by the end, Ella and Bekah were shivering...we knew it was time to head home!

No comments: