
It seems that I update my blog a lot, but often miss telling many actual details of life. This is a post for that (and some pictures I took of us around the house lately).
1. Joe DID decide to stay at his work and forgo the TAA program. We hope that we will not come to regret this decision. He is continuing on with his Master's Degree (with us paying for it instead), just taking one class at a time. Work has been crazy for him lately and in combination with his church calling (1st Counselor in Young Men's Presidency) and school stuff, he has been super busy.
2. I have been having some problems with my voice lately. I am the Primary Chorister at church and LOVE it! Unfortunately, it seems to have aggravated my voice issues. I finally went to an ENT specialist and he discovered that my acid reflux has done considerable damage to my vocal chords. I am not allowed to speak louder than a nice, calm voice. I am also not allowed to whisper. He has put me on some additional medications and given me a special throat spray. If we cannot get my symptoms under control in the next four weeks, I will have to be released from my calling. :( I am trying to be good. I have a whistle around my neck and use it to call the kids, lol. They each have their own particular "call" for when I am calling them individually. We are the next Von Trapp family!
3. I took Caleb in to have an evaluation on his speech. He is a smart little guy and his vocab is just fine, but he is very difficult to understand. After the assessment, she told me that to qualify for services, he has to be at the 7th percentile. He is at the 9th percentile. :( Ugh. This means that he is struggling, but doesn't qualify for services. On the bright side, I don't have to drive him to therapy each week, lol.
4. In just over two weeks, Lizzie will turn 8 and Ammon will be 12! You know what that means...baptism and the priesthood! The will happen on the same weekend, which will be very special. :)
5. FOOTBALL!! Go Orange! Go Big Blue! Fight! Fight! BSU!!! Love our Broncos!
I can't think of anything else that needs to be updated. Love you all!
Bekah has a bad habit of climbing on EVERYTHING, especially computers. In this shot she is on the laptop, lol, but she really loves to climb up and sit on our big old CRT monitors. She will call out for me to come get her. Sigh...
One night Joe and I were going to watch a movie before bed. He seemed to be taking an awfully LONG time upstairs with the kids so I went to investigate. I found him up on Lizzie's top bunk, reading "Where the Sidewalk Ends" to the little girls. So sweet. :)
You know how they say that kids grow like weeds? Well, I'm pretty sure that weeds grow MUCH faster than our kids, lol! Here is Joe attempting to tame a few of them.

Hannah is really into wanting to do pretend "photo shoots" lately. Here is one of the pictures we took

You got a problem with me, Mom? (she was drinking from the hose, as you can see dripping off her chin)
We made a valiant effort to clean out the garage one night. The kids worked hard, but we really didn't get much done, lol.
The kids were distracted by a neighbor's dog that came to play. I thought it was funny that when I called to the kids to look for a picture that the dog looked too.








No comments:
Post a Comment