Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our day at the movies


For our weekly field trip, I took the smootchies to see one of the summer movies at the local theater. We saw "Arthur and the Invisibles." When we first got there, we were told that the movie was in three different theaters. To Hannah's dismay, I let Ammon pick the one we visited. After we went in, we had a rather heated debate about the location of our seats. Hannah wanted to sit in the front. The rest of the kids (led by Ammon) wanted to sit in the very back row. Since I didn't really want to be in the very front where everyone could watch Bekah wiggle and squirm the whole time, I decided to go with the group led by Ammon. This made Hannah livid. "How come AMMON got to pick both the theater AND where we sit???" Sigh. Trying to placate her, I let Hannah come with me to get some treats. Unfortunately, I chose Junior Mints as the treat and (unbeknownst to me) she hates them. Sigh again.

After the movie got going, she finally calmed down and enjoyed herself. I wish I could say the same for me. Bekah is at the worst age for movies. She was interested for about five minutes and then just wanted to play. I wrestled with her for most of the time. Right at the climax, Caleb announces that he needs to go potty. Of course Emma insisted on going as well. I grabbed Bekars and hauled all three kids down all the stairs and out to the bathroom. By the time we got back, it was pretty much over, lol. I chuckled that we missed all the drama AND resolution of the show. It's a good thing I didn't really want to see it in the first place. :)

All in all, the movie was fine. Hopefully next year Bekah will sit better and it will be easier for all of us!
Bekah DID love the Jr. Mints, lol. You can see them all over her sweet face. :)

Here she is trying to escape...

Down front you can see Hannah sitting in her choice of seat. She insisted that she was going to sit down there no matter WHAT we did. I told her that I was okay with her sitting down there if she wanted, but then she demanded that I sit with her. I explained that I couldn't leave all the other little kids up there by themselves and she was pretty ticked.

Our back row seat

Waiting for the girls at the bathroom after the show ended


Lizzie behaved wonderfully. She is a big help to her mama.


No comments: